Re[2]: speedstep-centrino [M] not loading (Dothan)

Tuesday, June 28, 2005, 10:22:25 PM, Joan wrote:

JT> It is not an kernel version issue.  Speedstep-centrino module only supports
JT> Banias PentiumM cpus, but you've still got 2 possibilities:

That goes for 2.6.8, but support has been added for Dothan as well.

JT> 1. you can load acpi-cpufreq (or similar name) module, and you'll get the
JT> minimum and maximum mhz available (e.g. 600 & 1.500 mhz).

That seems to load, but after enabling cpudynd, I can't seem to
determine wether or not it's actually doing something.
/proc/cpuinfo still says 1500'ish MHz
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq says 600MHz
I'd prefer to get the speedstep-centrino working (as it should) :)

JT> 2. have a look at the "Centrino's speedstep" section of my web page about
JT> linux on my Benq JB7000:
JT> http://perso.wanadoo.es/jtur/BenqJB7000/BenqJB7000_linux.html

The 'unofficial patch' mentioned there looks remarkably familiar
compared to the 2.6.11 speedstep-centrino source :)
(And no, that didn't work either)
The 2.6.12.1 source supports Banias, Dothan and MP4HT. So why won't it
work now?

--
 H Buurman