Re: speedstep-centrino [M] not loading (Dothan)

Es Dimarts, 28 de Juny de 2005 23:05, en H Buurman va escriure:
| Tuesday, June 28, 2005, 10:22:25 PM, Joan wrote:
|
| JT> It is not an kernel version issue.  Speedstep-centrino module only
| supports JT> Banias PentiumM cpus, but you've still got 2 possibilities:
|
| That goes for 2.6.8, but support has been added for Dothan as well.
... sure?  I cannot see any line specifying mhz & volts related to a dothan
processor in vanilla 2.6.11 nor 2.6.12 sources, and speedstep-centrino module
showed the same error you get when trying to load in my 1,6Ghz Dothan...  8-?

Try that patch and make me know (mine shows 400 mhz -explained at bottom of
the JB7000 page-)  ;)

| JT> 1. you can load acpi-cpufreq (or similar name) module, and you'll get
| the JT> minimum and maximum mhz available (e.g. 600 & 1.500 mhz).
|
| That seems to load, but after enabling cpudynd, I can't seem to
| determine wether or not it's actually doing something.
| /proc/cpuinfo still says 1500'ish MHz
| /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq says 600MHz
| I'd prefer to get the speedstep-centrino working (as it should) :)
Believe /sys.  Anyway you'll have to notice it gets colder than before...

| JT> 2. have a look at the "Centrino's speedstep" section of my web page
| about JT> linux on my Benq JB7000:
| JT> http://perso.wanadoo.es/jtur/BenqJB7000/BenqJB7000_linux.html
|
| The 'unofficial patch' mentioned there looks remarkably familiar
| compared to the 2.6.11 speedstep-centrino source :)
| (And no, that didn't work either)
| The 2.6.12.1 source supports Banias, Dothan and MP4HT. So why won't it
| work now?
Same answer as before: replace the speedstep-centrino file (or patch it),
compile and make us know  ;);)

Bye!

--
Joan Tur (aka Quini), Eivissa-Spain