Re: ifplugd, guessnet, ifscheme, netscript, whereami, ... -- what should I use?

Vincent Bernat wrote:
> The  main problem  of  those  solutions is  that  they are  "interface
> bound". I mean it does not make  sense in most cases to have both eth0
> and wlan0 up at the same time.

That's true, but there is not much cost involved with it, is it? Will Linux
(I am not sure who exactly -- kernel, libc?) remember that some interface
lead nowhere and so it doesn't try it for some time, or what?

> I  have   written  a  small   utilities  in  Python  to   solve  those
> problems.  However, I  have not  time to  complete it  and it  is just
> another solution. It fits well my  needs but it is not well documented
> and  you need  to  know Python  (since  the configuration  file is  in
> Python). You may retrieve the sources here :

I love Python, but I really do not want to use yet another (and
non-Debianized -- I mean without Debian package in the official repository)
solution.

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang
separately.
   -- Benjamin Franklin