Re: R4025 Laptop

Chris Swanson wrote:

Thanks Charlie

Yet another update on this situation:

Sadly, the 'acpi=off' was not as successful as I had thought.  It kept
the install from locking up, but then my network interface wouldn't
come up.

The solution:  It turns out that the system is not actually frozen,
just the keyboard.  I found out that you can reset the keyboard driver
by holding the function key and the left shift key together.  After
this, I was able to complete the install.

What annoys me is that I must do this every time I start Linux, in
order to get the keyboard working.  Hopefully, I will soon find a way
to fix this.

Chris

Chris,

I am really new to Debian, having installed it on an Acer Aspire 1355LC notebook only a few days ago. Using a triple boot system XP - Linux Mandrake 10.0 and now Debian, on 3 partitions of the hard drive that I was going to install a learning system on. Not finding time until now to do so.

But I assume that you have done a "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" Here you can change your keyboard settings, and may have to add some parameters so that it works without the inconvenience you're going through. You may need to google for something about your laptop keyboard to find the solution for Debian though?

Charlie

--
As to conforming outwardly, and living your own life inwardly, I have not a very high opinion of that course.