Re: LVM on notebook

Am Dienstag, den  7. Juni hub Ritesh Raj Sarraf folgendes in die Tasten:

Hi!

> How good is it to have the installation on notebook on LVM2 ?
> I read that with LVM2 Logical Volumes can be resized on the fly.
> Also will having my swap as a Logical Volume create problems for the
> suspend/resume feature to work ?

I did not experience any troubles with suspend/resume which I could
bring in contact with LVM.
(When I just began to configure my laptop I ran in the "usual" trouble
 with local APIC and so on...)

I do *not* have swap space on LVM for design reasons.

> In total, is LVM worth having on a notebook setup where you might need
> resizing your volumes on demand ?

I have it running for two years now and enjoyed it when I wanted to
merge two volumes to maximize "real" usage space for user data.
I just hade to make a copy of the data, delete one LV, extended the
other and copied back. done.

Ciao
Max
--