Re: tapping disabled for touchpad under dell inspiron 600m

I have the same problem with an old vintage Sony Vaio PCG-R505JL, From
my research in the kernel lists, it seems that, for 2.6.11 maintainer
selected to disable the hardware double tapping of Alps touchpad, in
favor of doing it by software in the driver, as the kernel message
says.

Unfotunately it does not work well for most people like us, so in new
kernel version 2.6.12, when released, the driver eill return to use
hardware tapping. Until them you can try use the psmouse proto=imps,
as suggested in the Fedora list (as an option to kernel in grub or
lilo if psmouse is in kernel, or as an option to module, in
modprobe,conf). In any way for me it does not worked !?!?

ACC