Re: Network Messed After Resume

On Thu, 12 May 2005 09:25:23 +0200, Goran Ristic wrote:
> Hi Michael!
>
> On Wed, 11 May 2005, Michael Perry wrote:
>
>>I have /etc/network/interfaces kinda tricked out so I can have support for
>>different locations wireless requirements.  I just do a "ifdown eth1" and
>>then I do a "ifup eth1=home".  Sometimes, the ipw2200 driver is in a state
>
> I use "ifsheme" for different locations. - Normally after a resume hotplug
> starts uploading the needed firmware. Changes can be made by "ifsheme any"
> "ifsheme home" ...
>
>>of funk and it requires more manual intervention so I remove it and
>>re-insert it and it comes back.  This is with apm, BTW.  My laptop will
>>not talk acpi.
>
> As I said: sometimes. :)
> Maybe it is better to use one of the tools, which do this automatically?
> Don't know, if they do better?

I'll have to look into the tool you mention for schemes and all.  As far
as the tools go to manage a variety of network types, I have to admit to
using the most basic.  I tend to use modprobe -r and then I re-insert the
driver into the kernel.  I almost never have to reboot and the truly
random nature of things proved itself this morning as the laptop came
back with the card fully functional.

I think I will go looking at some of the various tools in the list
archives and the ones mentioned in this thread.  But when the card does
reach its funky state, I have not found much besides a basic method to
revive it :)

--
Michael Perry | do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org