Re: Debian on Acer Aspire 1681, Problemlist

Hallo

Irgendwann (so um 11:54 des 12.05.05) gab
Koen Vermeer <koen@qi.tnw.tudelft.nl> von sich:

>Op do 12-05-2005, om 11:23 schreef Martin Jenewein:
>> Debian (testing, Kernel 2.6.8) ist up and running on my Laptop.
>> But few think doesn´t work.
>>
>> - ACPI: if i try to boot with acpi, the boot process hangs.
>>   Same Problem such under Suse and my old Laptop? I had to
>> compile my own kernel within ACPI and no APM (And not as module)
>> Or helps a update to .11?
>
>No harm in trying. If it fixes your problem, just use 2.6.11. I'm
>not an expert on ACPI, so I cannot really help you with it, unless
>there is some more information on your screen when booting.

There is no more information while booting.
If the kernel try to load acpi module, the process hangs (looks like
a deadlock). Only a hardreset is possible.
boot with kernel parameter acpi=off works fine. (boot with knoppix
and acpi works)

>> - Sound. No sound works.
>
>What does alsa tell you? Did you install alsa? What sound chip do
>you have?

Sound works now fine. No Problem anymore.

>> - usb: Error messages on boot: usb usb4: string describtor 0 read
>> error: -19
>> (Mouse works)
>
>No idea. If it's only an error message but all seem to work fine,
>just ignore it.

ok, i ll ignore it ;)

>> - locales; if i try to install something (apt-get install, the
>> system returns following error:
>> Errors were encounteres while processing:
>>  locales
>> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned error code (1)
>
>Does it tell you anything before that? It should give you more
>information on what the errors were.

Before:
 Generating locales...
  en.ISO-8859-1... cannot opem loale definition file `en':No such
file or directory
dpkg: error processing locales (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error esit status 4

thanks
 martin