Debian on Acer Aspire 1681, Problemlist

Hii

Debian (testing, Kernel 2.6.8) ist up and running on my Laptop. But
few think doesn´t work.

- ACPI: if i try to boot with acpi, the boot process hangs.
  Same Problem such under Suse and my old Laptop? I had to compile
my own kernel within ACPI and no APM (And not as module)
Or helps a update to .11?
- How can i compile and config my own kernel under debian?
(parallel to old kernel)

- Sound. No sound works.

- usb: Error messages on boot: usb usb4: string describtor 0 read
error: -19
(Mouse works)

- locales; if i try to install something (apt-get install, the
system returns following error:
Errors were encounteres while processing:
 locales
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned error code (1)

any hints?
 martin

 Irgendwann (so um 12:43 des
09.05.05) gab Koen Vermeer <koen@qi.tnw.tudelft.nl> von sich: