Sarge on Presario 2200

Hello, debian-laptop users.

Recently I received Compaq Presario 2200 laptop (2209CL) and tried to
install Debian Sarge, but I encountered one problem:

Installation finishes successfully, but after reboot laptop doesn't boot
properly. Last thing I see is

hotplug tries to modprobe i810_audio
i810_audio: has id 0, resetting connection 0, connection 0 with codec 0.
Codec 0 is softmodem, skipping.
unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
00000024, printing eip deb2c1d2
*pde=00000000
Oops: 0000
...registers, stack and call trace here...

./pci.agent: line 156: 354 segfault $MODPROBE $MODULE > /dev/null 2>&1
i810_audio can't be loaded
missing kernel or user mode driver i810_audio

looks like booting continues, but after this I receive two lines about
successfull registering drivers usbdevfs abd hub and computer hangs.

No disk activity, nothing -- but keyboard is working, symbols I typing
appearing on the screen. But boot process doesn't continues.

This problem persists with both 2.6.8 and 2.4.27 kernels.

Ubuntu livecd boots soccessfuly (and audio works fine, btw).

Any ideas, any help would be greartly appreciated.

--
WBR, Alexander A. Vlasov
 Gala.Net System Administrator