Re: Kernel 2.6.xx

In answer to your question:  I do not know.  I know that the first CD is
necessary for a base system, and the rest tend to have packages placed
by popularity.  So, the first three or four is a reasonably good guess.

OTOH, I was trying to find a reference to the netless upgrade route for
Debian, but I am unable to find a page on in right now.  At least as I
recall, it created two separate sets of query scripts for the system:
One was to d'l packages that were available, and the next was to d'l the
packages needed to do the update.  The scripts are designed to be run on
a linux system that has bandwidth available -- but not the system that
you are trying to update/upgrade.

Anybody else know of what I speak?  I'm actually interested in using
this in the near future, for a system for my mother.

-Ian