Re: ALSA on Compaq Armada 7400

Koen Vermeer wrote:

Op vr 07-01-2005, om 15:10 schreef Willie McKemie:
If someone has ALSA working on a similair Armada, please tell me how you have it configured.

Let's start by giving you my credentials: I recently tried to help
someone else on this list and I failed.

If you're still interested in my advice: Run alsaconf first, just to see
if it works. If not, first make sure all the sound modules are unloaded.
Then try

modprobe snd-es18xx irq=5 port=0x220 dma1=1 dma2=0 mpu_port=0x330
isapnp=0 (all on one line)

Fill in the right values for your card and check with lspci if the card
is indeed found.

Koen

Yes "alsaconf", not "alsaconfig" as per my first post.

RRP

--
// Randy Potratz, IT Administrator
// Quality Paint and Coatings