Re: Mepis & Ubuntu on Compaq Armadas

Willie McKemie wrote:

In testing current versions of both Mepis and Ubuntu, I find that both have this problem on a Compaq Armada 7400:
kernel 2.6.x works fine.
kernel 2.4.x fails to properly handle the "eraser head" pointing device. This is surprising since numerous other distributions do handle the pointing device without problems.

Interesting. Mine worked off the bat with 2.4.x. There are some issues with it though, as I remember reading something about it on the Mepis site (either mepis.org or mepislovers.org). My issue started when I wanted to switch between the "earaser head" on the road and an USB wireless at home. No easy way. Mepis DOES have a new recently released iso out there that may address some of these problems, but I have not had time to take a look at it though.

I've been very happy with mepis overall though, as most things (even a wireless nic!) "just worked".

RRP

--
// Randy Potratz, IT Administrator
// Quality Paint and Coatings