Re: ALSA on Compaq Armada 7400

Op vr 07-01-2005, om 15:10 schreef Willie McKemie:
> If someone has ALSA working on a similair Armada, please tell me how
> you have it configured.

Let's start by giving you my credentials: I recently tried to help
someone else on this list and I failed.

If you're still interested in my advice: Run alsaconf first, just to see
if it works. If not, first make sure all the sound modules are unloaded.
Then try

modprobe snd-es18xx irq=5 port=0x220 dma1=1 dma2=0 mpu_port=0x330
isapnp=0 (all on one line)

Fill in the right values for your card and check with lspci if the card
is indeed found.

Koen