Re: ALSA on Compaq Armada 7400

Willie McKemie wrote:

For years, I have been trying to get sound working on Compaq Armadas: 73xx, 78xx, 7400, & 7800. Thanks to some help I got here months ago, I got it going without ALSA; I guess that's OSS. I've tried to start using ALSA and now I've gotten sound broken again. This is on a 7400 running Ubuntu, kernel 2.6.8. I think it is a problem of just not knowing how to configure ALSA. Before ALSA, "sb irq=5 io=0x220 dma=1" in /etc/modules gave me working sound. With ALSA, snd-es18xx irq=5 io=0x220 dma=1
and
snd-sb16 irq=5 io=0x220 dma=1
result in "failure to detect" at boot.

If someone has ALSA working on a similair Armada, please tell me how you have it configured.

The easiest way I've gotten this to work on a 7400 was to install Mepis and then run "alsaconfig". Zip, bam, boom, it worked!

RRP

--
// Randy Potratz, IT Administrator
// Quality Paint and Coatings