Re: Acpi Suspend Problem, 2.6.8 Kernel, will suspend, wont resume

On Saturday 04 December 2004 12:22 am, Tobias Bachmor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 03.12.2004, 16:02 -0800 schrieb Benedek Frank:
> > I have APCI on my laptop, and I am trying to make it work now.
>
> What is the brand and model of your laptop? ACPI is implemented very
> differently in the various laptops out there. Some manufacturers seem to
> pay less attention in implementing the ACPI-standard ...
>
> > Suspend didnt work, but I found the solution on Google. I had to remove
> > the USB before it could suspend. So I removed the module, and did the
> > suspend. The computer quickly goes into suspend mode, and the power light
> > starts to blink. All looks good.
>
> Maybe you should start by suspending from the console first, then from
> within X. I will try to give you some hints on what to do first:
>
> - look up your model and brand and take a look at
> http:///www.tuxmobil.org/
> - try to unload as many modules as possible prior to suspending
> - are you using the framebuffer, this can prevent your laptop from
> wakingup, too
> - post your suspend-script here as others may see an error when looking
> at it
>
> Hth,
>  Tobias

Hi Tobias,

The laptop is a NEC Versa Ultralite (2000 model). It is extremely rare, and
was sold in a very small quantity outside of Japan, therefore the tuxmobil is
no help.

I installed the 2.6.9 kernel. I did not apply additional patches. Suspend is
still the same, except that now I dont have to remove the USB driver. It wont
complain, goes to suspend (or sleep) and never come back. What I noticed,
when it goes to suspend, the backlight stays on. The led flashes, and that is
the way it supposed to be. Nothing happenes by pressing any keys on the
keyboard, but when I press the power button, the backlight goes off, and the
activity CPU led lights up and stays. From then on, I can no longer do
anything, but reboot the machine with holding the power button in for a
while.

Now I am compiling a new 2.6.9 kernel with swsusp patches. I hope that helps.

By the way, when I try to suspend to disk with 2.6.9, it comes back with
kernel-panic. 2.6.8 came back with "not enough swap area" error.

Thanks for the help

Bence