Re: Power Management On Dell Inspiron 3800

BC Flyer wrote:

I've just install Debian 3r2 on a Dell Insipirion 3800, and the install
worked great and everything seems to work just fine, except that the
fan is on all the time as if the laptop is overheating. I have built a
2.24.27 kernel with APM enabled, but it doesn't make any difference.
From the time I boot the system, the fan comes on and stays on
running at max. Its louder than my Desktop!! I tried to install lmsensors,
but it appears that my laptop is not supported.

What can I do to enable some kind of power management or fan

Try the i8kutils. I don't know if it's available for 3r2, but it is available for testing. I would recommend upgrading to testing, as it currently very stable because it is about to be released. Hopefully.

Thanks in advance,

Configuration Info:
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 3800
Memory: 64 MB Ram