Re: dell inspiron 1150 sound

Kiss Tamás <kiss@dsr.hu> writes:

> I have a Dell notebook like in subject. Anybody knows what can
> I do to set soundcard? I don,t know which kernel module /2.6.8/
> need for me and what is the correct setting.
> I try do this for 2 days and I give up :)

do lspci and see what sound card you have. you should see something like this:

0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)

Chances are that your dell laptop has the same audio card. If that is
the case, the module is snd_intel8x0 if you are using
alsa. alternately for oss you need to use the module i810_audio