Power Management On Dell Inspiron 3800

Hi,
I've just install Debian 3r2 on a Dell Insipirion 3800, and the install
worked great and everything seems to work just fine, except that the
fan is on all the time as if the laptop is overheating. I have built a
2.24.27 kernel with APM enabled, but it doesn't make any difference.
From the time I boot the system, the fan comes on and stays on
running at max. Its louder than my Desktop!! I tried to install lmsensors,
but it appears that my laptop is not supported.

What can I do to enable some kind of power management or fan
control??

Thanks in advance,
bcflyer_at_electricoceanDOTcom

Configuration Info: