Re: OT: Help needed for disassembling Toshiba Satellite 5100-603

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 06:22:09PM +0100, Jan T. Kim wrote:
> Thanks for your help. Your guess was right, there are catches (a few
> only, though) around the front of the case, but I had managed to open
> them already. The thing is now held together by something in the
> middle, and I cannot see what that might be.
>
> I've found some descriptions of similar problems in the web, there,
> it was suggested that more screws may be underneath the keyboard. I
> don't know how to remove the keyboard, though.

Not sure if this will help...

I have a different model Toshiba (2805-S302) and I had to pry up a bit
of plastic directly above the keyboard to get to the screws that hold
down the keyboard.  On my laptop it's the plastic strip that has the
power button and three LEDs for caps-local, function light, and
keyboard in numeric mode.

One of the nuts (they are round) that are embedded in the plastic
laptop case had come lose and when I tried to remove the screw and it
just would spin in place.  I had to use a drill to cut off the top of
the screw to get it removed.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org