Re: anti-aliasing and fonts

On Thursday 14 October 2004 22:06, ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:
> However on my Toshiba Satellite A50 the fonts look really shitty. Even

Are you using the correct graphics card driver, and is it working properly. If
I remember correctly, the driver needs support the xrender extension in order
for anti-aliasing to work.

I wouldn't worry about sub-pixel hinting. I have tried it on my own laptop and
I really think it looks bad. Anti-aliasing is a must-have though.

Anders

--
This email was generated using KMail 1.7 (KDE3.3) on Debian GNU/Linux