anti-aliasing and fonts

Hi,

I really couldn't find a good answer to this. I am in the precess of moving all my windows systems to debian. My workstation with 19'' bla etcetera works wonderful and the screenfonts look beautiful as well. However on my Toshiba Satellite A50 the fonts look really shitty. Even trying to add some anti-aliasing and sub-pixels hinting doesn't help much. I am sure it doesn't have to look like this. Or? Is it just because a laptop has another kind of screen. This is about the only thing I don't like about my debian laptop.

I hope there is a cure for this ;-)

Later

Ben
--