No sound after installing KDE...

Hi,

I just install KDE, first when I login as normal user, an err box
appear stated that there's a permission problem in /dev/dsp. And I
added my account to the audio group. This fix the problem, no err box.
But when I try to play a mp3, no sound. What's wrong?

My second question is that I want to install a Java Development Kit
from Sun. From the website, for Linux I can see:
* Linux RPM in self-extracting file (jdk-1_5_0-linux-i586-rpm.bin,
42.50 MB)
* Linux self-extracting file (jdk-1_5_0-linux-i586.bin, 43.95 MB)

Which one should I get? I think should be the self-extracting one? If I
install that one, how am I suppose to uninstall it later?

Thx in advance for the advice.

- Rony -