Re: [solved] Re: Synaptics touchpad not found with plugged-in USB mouse

Am Dienstag, 12. Oktober 2004 19:55 schrieb Derek Broughton:
> On Tuesday 12 October 2004 14:21, Tobias Kraus wrote:
> > it actually _is_ a bios problem. If I deactivate "USB BIOS
> > Support" (no "USB legacy support" in my BIOS as mentioned in the
> > tread) I can leave the mouse plugged in during boot. But then I
> > cannot use the mouse in the BIOS. The problem was that the BIOS
> > "help" only said sth about deactivating boot from USB
> > diskette/CDROM.
>
> That doesn't make it a BIOS problem.  It means that you have found
> a workaround that works for you that involves turning off the BIOS
> support.

I cannot say whether it's a "solution" or "workaround". If I had the
WinXPPro installed that was shipped with the laptop I could figure
out... Maybe that's the behaviour of the BIOS to hide the touchpad
from the OS if a USB mouse is plugged in. Wait, my girlfriend had an
IBM-laptop and depending on when she plugged the PS/2 mouse either
both (trackpin + mouse) or just the mouse worked in Windows2k... It
was an older model, maybe X series. Cannot tell right now...

> > My configuration for the archive:
> > - Disable "USB BIOS Support"
> > - psmouse compiled in the kernel (2.6.4)
> > - uhci/ehci compiled as module
> > - no hotplug (as it is started after init it should not matter if
> > it runs - at that point psmouse knows about the touchpad)
>
> Compile  uhci, hid, evdev & psmouse as modules, and load them in
> that order in /etc/modules, and you should be able to use either

did do this. Didn't work.

> the USB or touchpad mice _and_ hotplug.

My hotplug is deactivated as I don't need it. But I _think_ it should
not matter if it is used (untested).

Tobias

--
Diese Email-Adresse dient nur als Spam-Ziel.
Nachrichten an diese Adresse werden nicht gelesen!

This email address is a spam-tarpit.
Mails sent to this address are not read!