Re: remote backup

Am Samstag, 2. Oktober 2004 03:39 schrieb Jerome BENOIT:
> Hello List,
>
> I would like my desktop (an openbrick) to backup via the net
> my laptop once it is connected:
> what is the best way to do so ?

I'm using rsync for this. My desktop is a rsync-server and my laptop
tests hourely if it is available. If so, and the last backup is older
than one day it rsync my hdd. On the server, I have a script that
creates snapshots via hardlinks. (thanks to
http://www.heinlein-support.de/web/projekte/rsync-backup/ :-) for
inspiration) Tell me if you want to have my shell scripts  and more
details.

Tobias