Re: remote backup

On October 4, 2004 05:43 am, Marco Bellini wrote:
> i've heard about Mondo Rescue packages and bootable cd... i've never
> tried it, so it's just a suggestion...
> http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/

imo, the critical word there is "Rescue".  I couldn't figure out a way to get
Mondo to just back up my _data_.  It wants to create a bootable CD and just
seemed to be doing too much (in the end, it went off and spent 4 hours
creating a bootable CD of my 4GB Oracle partition, and I gave up on it - it
seemed to be doing _something_ - the fan kept coming on - but not ever
actually writing anything).
--
derek