Re: SpeedStep-Problem

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 01:57:45PM +0200, astryx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded kernel-2.6.8 (debian-unstable package) via apt-get and
> have overwritten the speedstep-centrino file with the one published on
> http://tuxmobil.org/centrino.html.

> I have noticed that there are only TWO STEPS at which the cpu is running!
> Finally I have read the manual-page of powernowd.

> So, powernowd should handle more than two frequency steps on my Pentium
> M processor! BUT IT DOESN`T?

Strange.  Could you please post the output from
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies

If there is only two frequencies, it's likely a bug in ACPI firmware.

In this case,

wget ftp://ftp.kernel.org//pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/utils/pmtools-20031210.tar.bz2
tar xjvfp pmtools-20031210.tar.bz2
cd pmtools-20031210/acpidmp
make
sudo ./acpidmp > acpidmp.out
bzip2 acpidmp.out

Then mail me (privately, due to the size of this file)
the acpidmp.out.bz2 (or better give a link to http or ftp servers)

Cheers,

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.