How to install debian on laptop?

Hi all,

I have a 75Mhz laptop with 32mb ram, and i need a way to install debian
sarge onto it. the only way i can boot it is via floppy disk.

the laptop successfully ran woody but now i want to upgrade it to sarge
but ive hit a snag, the floppy installation disks boot without a problem
and the installer set up etc....

but when it comes to partitioning the "overview of current partitions"
page states there are no partitions or free space on the laptop, going
into the shell and typing "fdisk -l" gives me absolutely nothing, as if
the hard disk isn't there, but if i exit the installation and reboot it
boots up the original woody distro just fine. im guessing that the
installation doesn't detect my hard disk for some reason.

its a standard ide hard disk, so i dont know what could be wrong, any
help appreciated.