Re: dist-upgraded sarge (on Dell Inspiron 8200) and things got funky

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 01:02:22PM -0500, Kevin C. Smith wrote:
> This also happened to me during the a recent Sarge install, using the
> new Sarge installer. It went away when every thing was installed.
> Not much help, but I think you may want to play with the vga settings in
> lilo or grub. I think this may be the trouble.

Thanks, I will try looking at the grub settings, though the problem occurs
somewhere between when grub boots and when X starts. I would have expected it
to be more likely to occur when grub loads or when X loads, but having it start
between is really confusing me.

Chris

--
Christopher H. De Vries                      Phone: (617) 496-7636
Postdoctoral Fellow                          FAX:   (617) 495-7345