Re: using "extra" keys

Bram Mertens wrote:
Hi

Next to the power button on my Medion MD 41300 are 5 extra keys
(mail/WWW/...) I'd like to use.

I have read about hotkeys so I tried to find out which keyboard matches
the keyboard of this laptop but these keys don't generate keycodes, at
least xev doesn't report anything when I press them.

In my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 I have set the XkbModel to pc104 and the
XkbOptions to altwin:meta_win.

Is there anything else I must configure to use these keys?

TIA

Bram

you need to install acpi & in particular Asus extras in acpi config.

- done via kernel recompile

HTH

Ben