External monitor

Hi all,

someone can tell me how to configure my hp omnibook xe3gf w/ Debian Woody for an external monitor?

When I plug it, screen remains blank, either in console mode or in X mode.

It seems like no signal reached the external monitor; and nothing appens pressing Fn+F5 keys (that keystroke in WinXP was used to cicle through notebook display/external monitors/both) nor closing the computer lid.
I also tried to connect a TV set to the tv output port with a 75 Ohm cable, getting no better result.

Many thanks,

        Piero Furiesi

Following is a link to HP manuals: