Re: External monitor

Piero,

    Check that there's no function in the BIOS to disable it.  Note that
    'hot plugging' an external monitor has never worked for me, it needs
    to be plugged in at boot time.  I've also found that restarting X
    (Ctrl-Alt-Backspace) sometimes will kick the X server into
    recognizing the external monitor.

Regards,
Eric

--
He jests at scars who never felt a wound.
		-- Shakespeare, "Romeo and Juliet, II. 2"

Eric Peterson
Eric.R.Peterson@verizon.net