Re: ALT+F1-7: Switching consoles doesn't work

On  3-06-2004, at 09h 33'58", Jens Nachtigall wrote about "Re: ALT+F1-7: Switching consoles doesn't work"

> > Try using the Windows-Logo-Key insteat of the ALT-Key (only at the console
> > for switching between them or back to X). Don't know why, but it's this way
> > on my laptop (Gericom, Debian testing/unstable).
> >

> Yes. It works using the Windows logo key. Should I write a bug report about
> this? And against which package?

Have a look at the /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz file (or what do you
load with loadkeys at boot time). You should have things like:

keycode  56 = Alt

keycode  65 = F7
        shift   keycode  65 = F19
        control keycode  65 = F31
        altgr   control keycode  65 = VoidSymbol
        alt     keycode  65 = Console_7
        control alt     keycode  65 = Console_7

keycode 105 = Left
        alt     keycode 105 = Decr_Console
keycode 106 = Right
        alt     keycode 106 = Incr_Console

keycode 125 = AltGr
        altgr   control keycode 125 = VoidSymbol
keycode 126 = AltGr
        altgr   control keycode 126 = VoidSymbol
keycode 127 = Last_Console
        altgr   control keycode 127 = VoidSymbol

etc.

Ionel