Re: KLaptop finishes session with "Battery is running out!" when unplugged

I have the same problem, but even with a plugged laptop until it refreshes the few the first time. Annoying thing is, that it shut my laptop down on very boot when I had automatic shutdown switched on (lol). More strange is, that the percantage shown IS correct - only the time left isn' t. So I think there is a bug in the function where the time left is calculated (signum error perhaps, -1 = 0 ?). I mailed the author if it would be possible to enter a time and/or a percantage for warnings in later versions, but he only responded: "No."

Sry. I someone has more luck to get it working, pls mail me. Nevertheless it's a great tool.

Sebastian

Jens Nachtigall wrote:
Hi all,

I am running sid, using kde and kdelaptopdaemon (including the KLaptop applet). When I unplug the laptop (ie it runs from the batteries or is started unplugged) the KLaptop daemon tells me after about 30 secs:
"Battery power is running out!
0 minutes left."

, although KLaptop actually reports about 3h of remaining battery time (which is true). This only happens to 3 (including root) of my 4 users. The forth user account (my most often used one) does not show this behaviour.
My laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M 7400.

Jens

--

-=> Sebastian Bleikamp
-=> EMail: <Sebastian.Bleikamp@web.de>