Re: using a beamer: resolution?

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 07:45:28PM +0200, François TOURDE wrote:
> Le 12550ième jour après Epoch,
> David Fokkema écrivait:
>
> > On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 05:45:14PM +0200, François TOURDE wrote:

> >> Don't tell us what laptop, what video card, etc.
> >>
> >> Let us guess. It will be easier.
> >
> > Please be cynical. It will make me more eager to let you guess.
> >
> > Seriously, though, this is not hardware related. It is not really a
> > problem either. Right now, I edit my XF86Config-4 to switch resolutions.
> > I know of ctrl-+, but that won't change my viewport, which really is the
> > problem.
>
> Ok, if you're sure you can't resolve the problem with hardware
> specific options, no problem.
>
> Just some infos:
>
> On my laptop, using GeForce4 hardware, i've tried numbers of
> solutions, mixing hard (driver) and soft ones, and hards one were the
> bests.
>
> Some guidelines:
>
> - Multiple X servers: one for the TFT, and the other for VGA out.
>
> - Check if Twinview is available for you, respecting multi resolution
>   modes (It works for me, but I choose next option)
>
> - Try to configure multiple screens on your card (not twinview mode).

I hadn't thought of that! Now I see why you wanted to know the hardware
etc. Maybe I was a bit naive, :-) Just for the record: ASUS L5800C,
Radeon Mobility 9000, TFT@1400x1050, updated bios (so no black screen
stuff anymore, ;-)

But if I'm able to set up multiple screens or something like that, how
do I go about running, for example, xpdf -fullscreen presentation.pdf?

Thanks so far,

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!