Re: using a beamer: resolution?

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 05:45:14PM +0200, François TOURDE wrote:
> Le 12550ième jour après Epoch,
> David Fokkema écrivait:
>
> > Hi group,
> >
> >>From time to time, I use a beamer on my external VGA port of my laptop.
> > My laptop TFT panel has a resolution of 1400x1050 pixels but the beamer
> > has a resolution of only 800x600. However, it can support 1024x768 using
> > software scaling. Right now I have to edit my XF86Config-4 by hand and
> > then restart my X server. The problem is that X does recognize the
> > beamer on the external port and does switch back to a lower resolution,
> > but the viewport stays at 1400x1050, not very handy. Does anybody know
> > of an easy solution?
>
> Don't tell us what laptop, what video card, etc.
>
> Let us guess. It will be easier.

Please be cynical. It will make me more eager to let you guess.

Seriously, though, this is not hardware related. It is not really a
problem either. Right now, I edit my XF86Config-4 to switch resolutions.
I know of ctrl-+, but that won't change my viewport, which really is the
problem.

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!