Re: Any debian 2.6.x kernel ACPI success stories?

> Quoting Steinar Bang:
>> Did it work with earlier 2.6 kernels?  Or was 2.6.5 the first one you
>> tried?  (I'm currently running 2.6.4).
> It also worked with 2.6.3 for me.

>> I do have the following settings for all kernels:
>> append="hdc=ide-scsi apm=power-off nomce resume=/dev/hda6"

> For lilo, you should add "acpi=on" to that line.

OK, done:
append="hdc=ide-scsi apm=power-off nomce acpi=on resume=/dev/hda6"

The behaviour is as before:

S3 suspend:
 The command
	echo 3 >/proc/acpi/sleep
 seems to shut it down alright:
  - the screen goes blank
  - the disk shuts down
  - The powerbutton LED starts blinking slowly

 But pressing the power button doesn't bring it out of suspend.  The
 disk starts spinning again, but the desk remains blank.
 This may be caused by the well-known Radeon mobility problems with
 suspend/resume (this is a Dell Latitude D600)?  However I thought
 they where releated to XFree86 support, and I did all my testing from
 a console, with X shut down.

 I shut the machine down with a long press on the power button, and
 rebooted normally.

S4 suspend:
 The command
	echo 4 >/proc/acpi/sleep
 gets stuck writing the message
	PM: Attempting to suspend to disk
 and then nothing more happens.

 As with s3, I shut the machine down with a long press on the power
 button, and rebooted normally.

I'll investigate the logs and see if they make things seem clearer.