Re: Any debian 2.6.x kernel ACPI success stories?

Quoting Steinar Bang:

> Did it work with earlier 2.6 kernels?  Or was 2.6.5 the first one you
> tried?  (I'm currently running 2.6.4).
It also worked with 2.6.3 for me.

> I do have the following settings for all kernels:
>   append="hdc=ide-scsi apm=power-off nomce resume=/dev/hda6"
For lilo, you should add "acpi=on" to that line.

> The resume setting supposedly should inform the ACPI support where the
> swap partition is, for s4 suspend.
>From my experience, that isn't mandatory: ACPI S4 seems to automagically
detect my swap partition.

> There is no acpi=on here.  What does it do?  Load the acpi modules at
> boot?
No, it just enables ACPI in general.

> I'm currently letting apmd load the acpi modules.  Perhaps the problem
> is that it doesn't pick up the boot parameters?
For me, acpid loads the requires modules, but I don't think they are
necessary for S3/S4 (I could give it a try, if you like). Main thing
seems to be enabling the ACPI stuff in general with passing "acpi=on" to
the kernel.

Stefan