Re: Debian an Acer Travelmate 291lmi

Hi !

I installed debian on my Acer Travelmate 291 LCi-M11 recently. It worked very well out of the box with Joans help page. (see also http://perso.wanadoo.es/jtur/AcerTM290/acertravelmate290.html, Joan added some of my information recently). But it can happen with framebuffer devices that you automatically switch to TV/crt mode. Try plugging a Monitor in, or switching fb off. ;-)
What a kind of variant (graphics chip) do you have ?

Cheers,
Sebastian

Jan Koch wrote:
Hello,
last week i bought this notebook (from Mediamarkt) and wanted experience linux the first time. Because i want to understand linux i wanted to choose debian. But i have a critical problem. I can't start the installation. :( The cd and even dvd (Book: Debian GNU/Linux Peter Ganten) are booting and i can choose which kernel i would like to install. I type bf24 and the install seems to start, but not very well. Usually u see Tux after a few seconds on a new scrren (i tested this with my internet pc) but my laptops screen stays black. Anyone knows what i can do? Other distribution work without a problem (e.g. fedora, knoppix).
Hope you can help me.

MfG Jan Koch

--

-=> Sebastian Bleikamp