Re: PCMCIA Help

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 23:44, Oscar.Quintanilla@cox.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to debian but I have some experience with Linux.
> I have installed Debian "woody"  Ver 2.2.20 and i am running KDE Ver 2.2.2 sucessfully on a Dell
> Latitude Laptop.
>
> I am trying to install a wireless PCMCIA card to get the network going, I looked in /etc/pcmcia and did a more on
> config file and found a list of supported cards. I selected a DLink Air DWL650 from the list and installed the card.
> I get a high beep then a low beep which I believe means that it recognized the card but cant handle it.
>
> This is my first shot at tryng to configure a lan on a laptop and need some guidance on getting the wireless
> card going, Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

I don't think that a kernel 2.2 can manage with wireless card. You
should upgrade to kernel 2.4 (precompiled kernels exists in debian
package for unstable)

> Oscar Quintanilla
> MTS Telephony, Cox Communications
> 619-303-4700
> 619-263-9251 ext 5989

Jeremy
--
------
Linux Registered User #317862

You want to use GNU/Linux or Windows ?
- You want to spend time or money ?

Why is Microsoft raising prices on you? Because they can !
- To take that power away from them, use Linux !