Debian an Acer Travelmate 291lmi

Hello,
last week i bought this notebook (from Mediamarkt) and wanted experience linux the first time. Because i want to understand linux i wanted to choose debian. But i have a critical problem. I can't start the installation. :( The cd and even dvd (Book: Debian GNU/Linux Peter Ganten) are booting and i can choose which kernel i would like to install. I type bf24 and the install seems to start, but not very well. Usually u see Tux after a few seconds on a new scrren (i tested this with my internet pc) but my laptops screen stays black. Anyone knows what i can do? Other distribution work without a problem (e.g. fedora, knoppix).
Hope you can help me.

MfG Jan Koch