Re: Block when insert PCMCIA card

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 01:41:27AM +0200, Biker De La Colina wrote:
> Yes, I can, it was an error using the WebMail send.

Careful with that, many of us just drop html e-mails
silently -- you wouldn't get an answer and never know why,
if wasn't for vocals like Michelle :-)

> Hi  all,  I  don't  know  what is the solution. I had installed Kernel
> 2.4.26  and  2.6.5, with the first the problem is that when I insert a
> PCMCIA wireless card, the PC doesn't respond, it is blocked and I have
> reboot. And with the second Kernel, always that I compiled her, when I
> reboot  and  use  this  Kernel  I  can't  write,  the keyboard doesn't
> respond, all this without the PCMCIA card insert.

2.6.5: You probably missed out 'keyboard support' (somewhere
in 'input system' or something like that, I forget). Did you
try it with a Debian kernel?

2.4.26: Hmm. Is that a Debian kernel or a homebrew? With a
Debian kernel you'd need at least some
kernel-pcmcia-modules-* package installed, maybe 'hotplug'
as well (although it doesn't seem to be necessary in my
case...)

Y.