Re: No cpufreq interface in kernel 2.6.3?

> > When I try to start cpudynd, however, I still get "cpudynd: CPU
> > frequency control disabled", although its man page claims that it works
> > with kernel 2.6. Can anyone explain, why this program does not work?
>
> Do you have the "sys" filesystem (sysfs) mounted on /sys ?  cpydyn
> depend on it to work with kernel 2.6

There is no sysfs entry in my fstab, but somehow it is correctly mounted
at /sys. The speedstep*, freq_table, and cpufreq* modules are loaded.

I installed powernowd and it worked out of the box, so this problem is
solved for me.

Thank you all for your help,

Holger