Middle mouse button on Toshiba Satellite S5100?

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded my Toshiba Satellite 5100 notebook from a
2.4.21 kernel to a 2.6.0 kernel. Unfortunately, it turns out that the
cpad module (http://www.janerob.com/rob/ts5100/cPad/index.shtml) is
not available for the 2.6 kernel series.

My only reason for using this driver has been that with it, the middle
mouse button is functional; without that module, the middle mouse
button does nothing.

Is there any other way to get the middle mouse button to work? Some
option to be passed via the XF86Config file, perhaps? It's somewhat silly
to have the luxury of a middle mouse button below the touchpad, and yet
to be forced to synchronously press the left and right one to get its
function...

Greetinx, Jan

P.S.: I still wonder why the 2.6.0, 2.6.1 and 2.6.2 kernel packages
suddenly disappeared from the Debian servers...
 |    *NEW*    email: kim@inb.uni-luebeck.de                          |
 |    *NEW*    WWW:   http://www.inb.uni-luebeck.de/staff/kim.html    |