RE: KDE Battery monitor for ACPI

Sorry, I realized I left out a bunch of useful, and perhaps critical
information after I sent my original email...

> try akpi, akpi.sourceforge.net, but ....
OK, I'll have a look at that... Hmmm... I can't get ther right now, I'll try
later.

> which kernel are you using?
2.4.24, straight from www.kernel.org (or one of it's mirrors, more likely --
I don't recall offhand)

> and what have you compiled in your kernel?
ACPI (enabled all parts), PPP, and the Trident audio driver

> only acpi support or fan,button,thermal,battery modules?
Yes to all

> Which kde version?
The stock version that comes with woody, it appears to be 2.2.1

> Sorry for the question, but few more info would be really
> useful. By Maybe kde

No, as I said, it's my fault for not including enough information in my
original request.

It looks now like I should just upgrade to the latest KDE.  Since I am
somewhat new to Debian (although not new to Linux, and certainly not new to
upgrades gone awry), I am a little paranoid about just editing my
sources.list file and executing (I believe this would be the correct one):

# apt-get upgrade kde

Does anybody know if there some way I could do this in steps, in such a
manner as I could download the files to be upgraded, burn them to CD-ROM,
and then upgrade from the CD-ROM later?

I realized that this is more of a "debian-users" type of question, but the
reason I ask is specifically because I have a laptop -- I prefer to keep all
of my installation media & upgrades on CDROM so that, when everything falls
apart (as it does occasionally), and I am in the airport/hotel/car trying to
reinstall from scratch, I can just pull out the CD's, follow my notes, and
recreate what I had before.

Thanks again for the help.

--wpd