Re: X crashes if I'm idle

> sent out my email this morning, I edited my XF86Config-4 file and removed
> the line that read:
>
> 	Option "DPMS"
>
> From the "Monitor" section.  Just on a whim, I decided to see if KDE would

Use the xset program to control DPMS at runtime:

$ xset
    To control Energy Star (DPMS) features:
        -dpms      Energy Star features off
        +dpms      Energy Star features on
         dpms [standby [suspend [off]]]
              force standby
              force suspend
              force off
              (also implicitly enables DPMS features)
              a timeout value of zero disables the mode

Cheers,

Andreas