Re: 3c575cb/3c59x load on boot

* Joerg Thoennes <Joerg.Thoennes@macd.com> [2004 Feb 03 06:10 -0600]:
> Nate Bargmann wrote:
> >I have not had luck with the kernel PCMCIA and its yenta socket.  Since
> >I build custom kernels I install the pcmcia-source and use those
> >modules which have been flawless for me.  Unfortunately, it appears
> >that the pcmcia-cs modules are not built as official packages for the
> >later kernels.  I am running Thinkpads and they use the i8* chip.
>
> We have Thinkpad 600X and Xircom Cards: Kernel 2.6 and yenta_socket
> works fine for us.  We put yenta_socket into /etc/modules, but use the
> hotplug system instead of the pcmcia-cs.

Just yesterday I was helping a friend set up his TP 380Z and guess
what, it uses yenta_socket.  Go figure!  My 390E uses i82365 and
yenta_socket doesn't work, or at least didn't when I tried it last.
So, I'll stop being an authority.  <G>

- Nate >>

 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | free since January 1998.
 Location | Bremen, Kansas USA EM19ov           |  "Debian, the choice of
  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  |     a GNU generation!"
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |   http://www.debian.org