Re: 3c575cb/3c59x load on boot

Nate Bargmann wrote:
I have not had luck with the kernel PCMCIA and its yenta socket.  Since
I build custom kernels I install the pcmcia-source and use those
modules which have been flawless for me.  Unfortunately, it appears
that the pcmcia-cs modules are not built as official packages for the later kernels. I am running Thinkpads and they use the i8* chip.

We have Thinkpad 600X and Xircom Cards: Kernel 2.6 and yenta_socket works fine for us. We put yenta_socket into /etc/modules, but use the hotplug system instead of the pcmcia-cs.

Jörg