Re: Strange Zip Attatchment

On Thursday 29 January 2004 09:45 am, Klaus Imgrund wrote:
> There are all kinds of virus scanners out there and OS's that are not
> affected by those bugs (hint:debian).
> I really don't see what the fuss is about.

Even if the local recipient filters out the virus, it still adds load to
the list server, it still takes space in the archives, and the list is
still bombarded with stupid "we found a virus in the message you sent"
messages, which a virus scanner will not block.

There is a middle ground here - have non-subscribers reply to a
confirmation email before their message gets through. Lets
non-subscribers post without too much difficulty, and keeps most of the
junk off the list.

Adam