I'm going to buy a new notebook

I'm looking for a new notebook, for  the one I used untill some days ago
is now broken and it costs too much to repair.

So I need to find a new one which can run debian on it.

I'm interested  on a centrino based  notebook, for everyone says  that I
can get  a longer autonomy.  On the other side  I wouldn't give  out too
much money for a notebook.

I've seen two notebook: asus M2410C and acer 291LCi.

does  anyone  of you  have  got  one of  these  laptop?  Are they  fully
supported by linux? I can ignore the  winmodem, I don't need it. And for
the network  adapter I can use  ndiswrapper and wait for  te driver that
intel is developing.

I'd like to know one thing about  the built in wifi card: can linux turn
it off? I mean, if I don't use  the wireless network, can I shut it down
so that it doesn't comsume the battery?

Thank you.

--
Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia.